Hi From a New Guy

Want to be a driver? Have a car that is Taxi material?

Post here.

Hi From a New Guy

Postby Chrisd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi everyone - I was recently talking to Rob via FB about the upcoming 2014 season and was looking to maybe join the team. I have to get more details from Rob on this and go through some sort of degrading hazing ritual, but I think I can handle it

A little background on me - I used to road race motorcycles in the region at Summit, Beaver, VIR, Mid Ohio, & Nelson's. I gave that up a few years back (Before the closest track NJMP was built) and started doing HPDE track days in my cars (Audi & Mazda) - I was always a mid pack racer that could read a track well, but never had the $$$ into my bikes to make it to the upper levels with the teams with support & sponsorship money had the advantage. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.
Then I turned to track days with the cars, going to NJMP, Summit, Watkins Glen etc. Just trying to go out & have fun and still make it home with my daily drivers intact. I've learned a good bit but am always looking for more. I'm a junkie and there is no cure

So I somehow stumbled upon Schumachers Taxi Service and found myself thinking more & more about endurance racing and seeing if there was a local team out there looking for additional hands. So I emailed Rob and I guess we will see where this goes. I'd like to sharpen my skills and have a fun time out on the track. I don't need to win races & championships, just have a fun time with some good racing.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi & if I happen to make it through the exam process, maybe I'll get to wrench & ride with you guys in 2014

Here's to a great 2014 season!!

Chris
Chrisd

Re: Hi From a New Guy

Postby Surferjer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Welcome!!
Surferjer

Return to Join the Team or say Hi!